~ fIND OUT YOUR ayurvedic BODY-mind CONSTITUTION ~
Find out your Ayurvedic Dosha type by answering the following questions. Choose (A), (B), or (C) according to what applies to you the most. Tally up your totals for the result.
1. Body Frame (A) I’m naturally thin and slender. I have difficulty gaining weight or muscle. (B) I’m medium frame. I can gain muscle with ease. (C) I’m larger frame or curvy. I gain weight easily.
2. Skin Type (A) My skin is often dry, dehydrated and rough. (B) My skin is slightly oily with sensitivity. It can get irritated easily. (C) My skin is moist and smooth with some oiliness.
3. Body Temperature (A) I get cold easily. I always need to have an extra layer of clothing with me just in case. (B) I tend to run more on the warmer side. I get hot easily. (C) I can handle both warm and cold, but I prefer warm and dry climate.
4. Hair (A) Dry, brittle, thin (B) Fine, gray early, or bald (C) Oily and thick
5. Eyes (A) Small and active. Dry. (B) Sharp and bright. Penetrating gaze. (C) Big large soft eyes.
6. Teeth (A) Irregular, uneven, thin gums (B) Medium, yellowish, tender gums (C) Strong, white with healthy gums
7. Lips (A) Thin. Gets dry or chapped easily. (B) Medium, oily, pink (C) Large and full. Moist, smooth
8. Hands (A) Small, dry, cool to touch, with long slender fingers (B) Medium, moist, warm to touch, pink tone, with medium sized fingers (C) Large, oily, cool to touch, firm, with bigger fingers
10. Perspiration/Sweat (A) Little. Odorless (B) Heavy with strong odor (C) Moderate with sweet odor
11. Appetite & Digestion (A) Irregular appetite. It’s easy for me to skip meals and I often have issues with gas or bloating. (B) Strong appetite. I have to eat regular meals & I digest food with ease. (C) Consistent appetite. Digestion is slow and can feel full for a long time.
12. Bowels (A) Dry and hard stool. I get constipated easily. (B) Smooth or Loose. I evacuate regularly everyday. (C) Fairly regular. Can be sticky or slimy.
13. Walk (A) Fast paced. Quick short steps (B) Medium determined steps (C) Slow and graceful
14. Sleep (A) I’m a light sleeper. The hours I sleep can be irregular. (B) I’m a sound sleeper. I sleep 6-8 hours per night. (C) I’m a deep sleeper. I sometimes have difficulty waking up.
15. Temperament (A) I am lively, enthusiastic, and creative. I like change. (B) I am hard-working, achievement-oriented, and organized. I like to lead. (C) I am easy going, caring, loving, & patient. I like to be supportive.
16. Exercise (A) I enjoy anything with a lot of movement. Jogging, spinning, vinyasa flow, dancing… (B) I enjoy an element of competition. Bootcamp, team sports, power yoga.. (C) I enjoy something soothing and nourishing. Walk in nature or restorative yoga.
17. When under stress (A) I get anxious or worried. It’s hard for me to turn my mind off. (B) I get irritable, angry, or aggressive. Sometimes I lose my temper. (C) I become withdrawn or reclusive. I can get depressed.
Now, count how many you've chosen for (A), (B), and (C)'s.
If you got mostly (A)'s you are a VATA dosha type. Learn more about Vata Dosha.
If you got mostly (B)'s, you are a PITTA dosha type. Learn more about Pitta Dosha.
If you got mostly (C)'s, you are a KAPHA dosha type. Learn more about Kapha Dosha.
If the numbers are pretty close between two types, you are a combination of two doshas. You can be a combination of Vata-Pitta, Pitta-Kapha, or Vata-Kapha Doshas. If you have A, B, and C's all close in numbers, you are likely to be tri-doshic.